Are you looking to start a blog in 2021? You’re not alone. In fact, more and more people are trying to find ways to make money from home by starting a blog. However, it can be difficult figuring out where to start or how even go about setting up your website. That’s why I’ve compiled this list of 10 things that you need in order to set up a blog and have it succeed!
1) A Niche: The first thing you need is a niche topic for the blog post. This will help narrow down who would want to read it and potentially buy products from you as well!
2) Hosting: Next, you’ll want some hosting. If you’re technical, I’d suggest getting an AWS ECS Instance running WordPress. If you’re not technical, wordpress.com might do for you!
3) Domain: Once you’ve got your hosting, it’s time to get a domain. Get an easy-to-remember domain like “mountainhikes.com”. Again, if you’re technical use AWS, otherwise use wordpress.com.
4) Website: Now that you’ve got your domain, it’s time to think about a design! You can use an out-of-the-box theme like Twenty Fourteen or opt for a premium template.
5) Content: Now it’s time to start writing content. You’ll want to post at least once a week and more often if you’re dedicated enough! The more the better.
6) Google Search Console: Google has an entire suite of tools for monitoring your website’s performance. You’ll want to get familiar with Google Search Console (formerly known as Webmaster Tools) where you can find site statistics, search queries that bring people to visit your blog, and more.
7) Jarvis: you can use a tool, like Jarvis to help you write blog posts and save time.
8) SEO: a blog is no good without search engine optimization. Focus on crafting content that will keep people coming to your site rather than relying solely on social media and other external traffic sources for hits.
9) Ever-green content: focus on evergreen content that doesn’t necessarily disappear with the newest update. Make sure to keep up-to-date with trends, but also include some timeless pieces that will keep traffic coming reliably for years.
10) Newsletter: don’t forget to create a newsletter or an email marketing campaign.
Do you have something to say? Become a blogger and start writing content today! The world is waiting…to read what you write about 🙂
Share this post with all of your fellow soon-to-be bloggers!